Thursday, July 5, 2012

One month to go...

In one short, little month, The Cleveland Triathon will be history.  I always find it amazing how events, when planned, seem so far off:  Graduation from high school * Wedding Planning* Pregnancy* Waiting for your child to sleep through the night for the first time (especially this one!)*

Setting goals is a good thing.  It shows you where you want to go.  Planning for the event tells you how to get there.  In the blink of an eye, it's time.  Fortunately, I still have 31 days to train for my next two events and to raise some extra cash for UCP.

I never thought I would reach $500.  That was my goal.  I bombarded facebook (sorry, guys) and made a special note to everyone who donated.  (Thank you notes are coming, BTW-I'm waiting until the race is over, then I'll send them out.)  The goal was reached.  That means it's time to set a new goal:  $1000. 

Mark Zehnder, race inspiration
I'm trying to set up a challenge.  I would say I'd cut my hair if I reached it, but for those of you who have known me for a long time and have seen me recently, you know that's already been done.  I'd do it again, the result just won't be that dramatic.  I'd say I'd sign up for a full ironman distance, but that's a few hundred dollars in registration fees.  (That's a lot of money, plus travel expenses.  I need pre-planning for that.)  If you have any ideas, send them my way.  Shameless plug--> if you want to donate, go here


In other news, I'm pleased to report that this girl who is a self-proclaimed math nerd who usually despises writing (for a grade, that is) had her first blog posted to UCP.  Cleveland Triathlon picked it up, then Pacific Sports (the race company that puts on the tri).  Hooray!  Be on the lookout for two more of them!

Finally, to post race results from the Tri-tech Olympic distance: 

Total Time = 2:27:17
Overall Rank = 72/223
Age Group Rank = 1/4
Swim= 21:44 for 1500 meters 
           (01m 27s / 100meters)
T1= 1:40
Bike= 1:15:03 for 24.8 miles 
          (19.83 mile/hr)
T2= 59sec
Run= 47:53 for 6.2 miles
         (7m 43s min/mile)

Great race and perfect weather.  I'm pleased.  Race report can be found here .

With all that said, I hope you have power and air conditioning.  The storms around Columbus have really made a mess the past week.  Fortunately, we were only without electricity for 4 hours on Friday, June 29, but many are still out.  Frequent lightning storms have not helped the situation.  Stay safe and thanks again for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment