Thursday, May 24, 2012

A lot can happen in one month

Wow.  It's been over a month since I've last posted.  Usually, by the time I get to settle into my thoughts I'm too tired to write something coherent. 

Since I've last posted, my racing season has begun.  It started on May 5th with the Capital City Half Marathon, where I ran a personal best of 1:43:25 for 13.1 miles.  The weather was perfect: overcast, cool, but a tad humid.  If I knew I was going to feel so good, I would have pushed it harder.  I suppose that's what next year is for...

At Cap City Half race expo enjoying some bubbly.
Also happening is the finishing up of school for my kids.  My youngest just today magically turned into a kindergartener.  How did that happen so fast?  My eldest turns into a 3rd grader in one week.  It's a good thing I'm STILL 29 and not getting any older.

The full brunt of racing season gets underway on my sister's birthday 6/2.  Warrior Dash!  So much fun!  It's a 3 mile race with lots of muddy obstacles, climbing walls, hills, streams, logs, a beat-up old cars to climb over.  The next day is my first tri of the season at Deer Creek State Park. 

For your inquisitive minds, I've posted my race schedule in case you want to join me or just cheer me on from your comfy bed. 

6/2 Warrior Dash
6/3 Deer Creek Olympic Triathlon
6/24 Columbus Olympic Triathlon
8/5 CLEVELAND OLYMPIC TRIATHLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8/18 Age Group Nationals Olympic Race  (if I do really well, I could go to London!)
9/5 Rev3 Half Rev Triathlon

Also, I've picked up some neat widgets: my workout tracker so you can see my progress and a mileage tracker.  It will take me a little bit to input my info from the beginning of the year.  Bear with me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment